Monday, June 15, 2009

No More Sonja

Okay, so we had fun camping, and we'll post more on that later, but I have to tell you all about what happened last night (the day we got back from McQueen Lake).
~
We'd been having a little trouble with the car on the trip. It overheated once and stalled, but after it cooled down, it seemed okay. We put some water in the radiator before we left camp on Sunday morning, 'cause there's a leak and radiator fluid keeps draining slowly away.
When we got back to Kamloops, my dad wanted to take us out for supper, so we went to ABC. After dinner, we filled the radiator again, and my dad knows quite a lot about car mechanics, so he looked at the engine and told us it looked like an easy fix. We could get some plumbers putty or something like that and just spread it on.
We had taken our leave and were driving Jackie home when the car stalled. And wouldn't start again. We pushed it off the road, and a police car pulled in behind us with his lights on. Amazing police presence in Kamloops. I mean, he was there in seconds.
Unfortunately, it turns out Mark's insurance had expired a couple of months back, and his driver's license expired almost a year ago (September 3, 2008). Needless to say, we weren't driving away. The officer called a tow truck and I called my roommate, Janice. The tow truck took Mark and his car to my place. Janice drove Jackie and I home. Then she drove Mark home.
~
Mark's car ('Sonja') is now parked in my front yard indefinitely. We have no money for insurance and repairs at the moment. Fortunately, Mark lives close enough to his work that he can walk there and I have a bus pass.


3 comments:

  1. ok, so that really sucks...I am not surprised about that car..it is ancient..and it ran amazing good for a really long time..(and it got bagged sometimes..) I am guessing Marky is going to have some fines..that isn't good...I hope things get better soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so sad that was my baby I am glad mark got a good 4 years out of it though hope it all works out let me know if you need any help. $$$ please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need help, want to go out for supper tonight--$$$ please!

    ReplyDelete