Saturday, July 25, 2009

Cell Phone Fun and Fury

We were at the mall yesterday and passed the Rogers Store. Mark hasn't gotten a new cellphone in about 4 or 5 years, so we went in to see what they could do for us. He picked out this cool Motorola, the Motorokr E8:
I noticed that cellphones seem to be getting bigger again. Now that they play videos and tv, the phone has to be larger to have a big enough screen to see anything.
~
While we were there, the guy looked at my phone, a Samsung with a memory card. He wanted to know how many gigs my memory card was and I couldn't remember. So he popped it out - with the phone on. I was shocked. "Is that safe?" I asked.
"Oh yeah, it's fine," he said.
But then my phone was frozen. It wouldn't turn off or on. It was stuck on the loading screen. He had to send it away to be fixed and he gave me this 'classic' Nokia 2660 as a loaner:
New Nokias are 6000 something.
I didn't even get the cool earbuds. I miss my phone!
And he never once thought that he might have caused what happened to my phone. Am I wrong, or shouldn't a phone be turned off before you start messing with memory cards?

1 comment:

  1. certainly he was in error, should give you BOTH new phones, but all the lost info not to cool!!

    ReplyDelete