Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Canada Day Adventure

It was a beautiful day and we went to Riverside Park to see Art in the Park, a kind of outdoor marketplace kind of thing they have every Canada Day. This dress made of mirrors was the weirdest thing this year:
Since Mark's car is dead, we had to take the bus. Unfortunately, Kamloops Transit and the City of Kamloops decided Sunday service was enough for a statutory holiday. They were wrong. The buses ran one per hour from about 10am until 6pm. The last bus left the downtown exchange at 5:30pm.
~
My friend Jackie and I met Mark downtown and we spent a little while walking around the park, then had supper at the international food booths. We had barely started eating at 5pm, and we had a little bit of a hike to get to the transit exchange. Jackie decided she didn't want to rush, and she had some money, so she and I would share a cab home. Mark, however, was going in the opposite direction, so he rushed off to catch his bus. He'll tell you his adventure in another post.
~
It was such a nice day that Jackie and I started walking. "We'll see how far we get, and then call a cab when we can't walk anymore." Well, it was beautiful out, and we didn't walk very fast, and it was all level ground, so we decided to cross the bridge at least before we gave in and called.
I took these pictures from the path leading up to the bridge.


We crossed the bridge and still felt like walking, so we did. By this time, we were only about 10 or so blocks from my place. So we just walked all the way there. Of course, Jackie had a little farther to go, like about 10 or so more blocks. But then my dad called from his cell phone on his way to work (he works a night shift), and said he was stopping by to drop something off here. I asked if he would mind taking Jackie home before work, 'cause otherwise she'd have to call a cab, and he said of course he would take her home.
So all in all, quite a fun day. Although, I didn't get to spend as much time with Mark as I would have liked.

1 comment: